A la Camerounaise

Remember when I said that I was never going to change my style, because I like what I like (which is to be comfortable)?

Well I lied! My style is slowly changing. As my love life is in shambles at the moment ( I will get to that in a future post, I promise), I feel the need to go for a drastic change. I have contemplated the idea of cutting my hair (been there, done that!), dying it blond/ red or just forget this Hijabi thing all together. But as always, it is in the clothing department that I get to transform myself.

Truth be told, I am sure that even when things were perfectly normal at home, I would still go with a style change. The reason being that I am influenced at work. Women at my job are very simple and casual but they can turn the heat up from time to time. My favorite day is Friday when almost every one get to dress up in Traditional Attire. As someone who does not have many traditional attires, I am amazed at all the designs and styles out there. My eyes are feasting and my brain is calculating. Then I go on a rampage asking everyone where and how they got such nice clothes. "You covet what you see every day."they say. Well, I have been seeing and I have been coveting . As a result, I am constantly visiting my tailors to get them to make me new stylish and trendy "Senegalese Traditional Attire" like this one:


Dress - Uniwax fabric given my baby brother and tailor made
Scarf - Reliance Trends (India)
Wedges - Ouakam market
Earrings and necklace - HLM market





This dress is called "Camerounaise" which means "Camerounian woman". I guess it is because Camerounian women wear this type of dress. I really like it because it is roomy; it hides all the curves (See I have not changed much). Women in Senegal appreciate them and they love to have them made in breathable fabrics that they mix and match. For this dress I used an Uniwax fabric my brother got me from Ivory Coast and an eyelet fabric I bought at the market. The result is just perfect. Plus it has pockets. I am surpisingly very happy with the whole dress.






I have another one in silk fabric that my other tailor made for me. I cannot wait to rock it next friday.





So what do you do when your love life is in shambles? Share in the comments section!!!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes