When after work turns into a Fashion shoot

  I went to my first "After work" the other day. For those who do not know what that is, "After work" is when colleagues get together for drinks or diner after work. Oups! I forgot to tell you! I started working for an international aid agency recently. I finally found myself a job that I also happen to like. Praise the Lord! I have been working for the last few months. It is challenging but I get to learn so many new things. And the best part are the people I get to work with particulalry the ladies. I enjoy them, every single one of them for they all have interesting personalities. They are also hilarious. I spend my days laughing. And I could not be more grateful to God for that!

Since two of my co workers were leaving (sad part of my job: people do not tend to work there for a long time), we decided to surprise them with an "After work"/ farewell party. We went to Marina Bay, which is a seaside hotel with a fabulous pool located in a hip area called "Almadies". Other former co workers joined us as well. We settled outside where we could admire the pool view under the shade.  We started complaining about work as usual until someone pointed out that we should stop talking about it. Then we ordered drinks and snacks. I had the "Bouyakah" juice which was a refreshing mix of Baobab fruit juice and mint among other things (Absoeffinglutlydelicious!!!) and some salmon avocado maki sushi that melted in my mouth....Yum!!!

We were chatting loud about everything: men (some handsome dudes were passing by!), how hard it was to find a good one, politics, sex, kids, how rude our waiter was...well everything with laughter.


Scarf - old
Polka dot jacket worn as a cape ( was way too hot to be worn properly) - Max fashion India
Ruffle top - Westside India
Pants - thrifted (HM)
Shoes - thrifted
Earrings - HLM market

 
Peep the Henna I had done for Eid

All of a sudden, we started taking pictures. There were group shots at first then gradually some of us started getting into pairs to take blog worthy pictures. I have to admit that the decor was incinting us to do so: bright vibrant paint, pool and beach, cute flower paths, nice wicker outdoor furniture....Originally I did not want to take outfit pics because I just wanted to relax and enjoy myself. But I had to join in on the fun as well. Friends of mine took my  pictures with their phones (mine is crappy). By the time I arrived home I had received 155 pictures on my phone ( my phone has no memory left). That is how crazy we were that day.


We separated at around 7:30 pm for some ladies lived far away and wanted to get home early. I did not  feel like leaving because I was having way too much fun. I caught a ride with a former colleague. I made a mental note to come back in that marvellous place again maybe with the kids. They would love it as well!!


The Bouyakah juice 


The salmon avovado maki sushi with pickled ginger


Caught laughing out loud!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes