Mint condition

 Ever since I moved back home more than a year ago, I have not really been shopping. I checked stores at our mall that were highly overpriced. And those at the market were not any better.
However, I was given life when I returned to the Saturday market. This market located near my parents house in the subburbs is filled with goodies, second hand items from overseas but also new stuff like under garments and fabrics. We can haggle the price therefore I always manage to get a good deal.
I have to admit that I have been going there every other week. My favorite things to score are shoes. I always look for quality, size, wear and tear and of course the brand. I found shoes from Michael Kors, Steve Madden, Target and more. It is kind of hard to score the nicest ones because they mostly come in smaller size. But I did get lucky once. (Or twice)


Scarf - borrowed from my Mother
Top - Liberte 6 market
Jeans - Liberte 6 market
Shoes - Saturday market
Earrings - Gift
Whem am busy on Saturdays and can't go, I fall back on another small market located in the same area that is open every day called Liberte 6 market. I also indulge there for the prices are highly low: tops at a dollar or less and so on. On my last trip I also found bags.

The last place I absolutly go wild for is my Mother's closet. I already told you that she was a hoarder, which means that not only does she have a closet bursting with clothes, she also kept some old ones on separate suitcases. I raided her closet for traditional clothes since I do not have any yet. And she pulled out some she does not fancy anymore. I took them to a tailor to refashion them. And boom! I had four new outfits for less than a price of a fabric. Last week, she show me some of her old work clothes and I scored two pencil skirts, a jacket (I am still on the fence about that one but) and a coral pleated skirt that was alas too tight ( I am still trying to figure out what to do with it). I love shopping in my mother's closet. She still has some fancy stuff. I steal her scarves, bag, shoes and jewelry all the time. That is what mothers are for. And do not worry she borrows my stuff all the time too.




This outfit was totally thrifted. Nothing is new. It cost me like $20. The dress which is really an oversized top (2XL) can be worn off shoulders. But my fave part of the entire outfit are the shoes. Their color caught my eyes. They were platform which I always wanted to have but never dare. But the heels are not too high and very highly comfortable. Plus they are in suede and they were never worn. I rocked them for the first time at my cousins for Easter and they could not believe they were minted.

I am not sure I will go back to shopping at the malls with what I experienced so far. Boutiques are ridiculously expensive and the attitude of the attendees horrible. If I am going to splurge I prefer to do it at a place I am treated well at least. "Never say never" is my motto. So only time will tell if I find a shop with brand new stuff I fancy..Stay tuned!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes