B'lingo Dakar fashion launch

You guys! Guess what? I attended my first real fashion event. Yeppee!!!!
 A friend of mine knew a lady who was organizing a fashion launch and she got me and other friends passes to attend. I obviously went with my best friend.

The event was for a sportswear and swimwear African fashion house called B'lingo. I have never heard of it but I did Google it before the event. What I found were cute sportswear with a splash of African prints. It was different from your usual sportswear.


The event was held at the Radisson Blu hotel in Dakar. I have never been there but I got to admit that the place is amazing. My Spidey senses were tingling upon entering and I told my best friend that I needed to come here more for my blog photoshoots.

The event itself was outdoors in a beautiful garden with lots of greenery. Since we arrived early (but still fashionably late) we were seated like front row even though there were no rows. There were many comfy sofas and couches placed around the garden. I was enjoying myself, taking pictures, talking with my friends, acting like we were on E Fashion police. I got to admire several people with absolutely crazy sense of style. The outfits were trendy, colorful and fun. Many women wore African prints, and headwraps. Some were casual in jeans and some wore fancy dresses. The crowd were a mix of designers, ambassadors, influent people and I guess common people like myself.

Here is what I wore


Scarf - Reliance Trends
Vest - Made it
Jumpsuit - Westside
Bag - borrowed from my Mom
Shoes - Zara
Ring - M.G. road

When I knew I was going to the event, this outfit immediatly came into my mind. It was simple, I feel comfortable in it plus it had that extra "I am a fashion blogger" vibe to it. On top of it, I did not have to buy anything new. All these items have been inside my closet for years.


I did not stay the entire time of the event for I had to leave early to go take care of my babies (story of my life). Yet I watched part of the fashion show and I liked what I saw. Unfortunately this is not the type of clothing I like. I never work out. And If I do, I would feel better in some lose sweats rather than tight leggings. And do not even get me started on the swimwear that was fly but oh so sexy. To top it all off, the price is way out of my range. There were booths where one could purchase the collection.

The highlight of the night for me was when I got to meet with Fashion Designer Selly Raby Kane and Stylist Afua Rida.


With Afua Rida

I had vibes that Afua was going to be at the event when I saw on her Instagram feed the same pic the designers posted. Therefore that was an extra incentive for me to go. I caught up on her when she was alone using her phone. She was really nice and down to earth. I even took pics with her. Meeting Selly was also beyond. I came to her, giving her my hand and she was like I am a kisser. She gave me a kiss.


With Selly Raby Kane 

Waouh! She was so nice and her outfit was a killer. Her designs are not for everybody but I like her because she is different. I took pics with her as well.

After that I went home happy, on cloud 9. I can't wait to attend another fashion event.


With my Bff 


Laughing way too hard coz I can't pose!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes