DIM/DIY Refashion men's shirt

Hello dear readers!

Today I am giving you an easy DIY perfect for all your shirts that became too tight.

I had this HM men's shirt for ages now. I bought it because I liked the color and the pattern. The fact that it was oversized at the time was a plus. I wore it many times (here, here, here and here). But it became tight after I gained weight. I did not want to part with it until I found a replacement so I used to tie it around dresses and high waist skirt.

However recently I discovered a way to rock it as it is with a few alterations. It is to just add lace at the back. This Diy is not only for tight shirt but it can be used to revamp an old shirt as well.




What you will need:

- a men's shirt ( or any button down shirt that is too tight)
- a feminine and delicate fabric like lace or eyelet ( I used eyelet from an old tunic)
- a seam opener
- needle and thread ( or a sewing machine)


I took my men's shirt which had two seams in the back and opened them using a seam opener. If your shirt has one straight seam at the back, open that one. If it does not, just mark the middle of the shirt by folding it in half and cut a small opening in the back.

You decide how long you want your opening. You can go all the way to the top or stop at the middle or even stop lower like I did. Then place your shirt on top of the lace fabric. Decide how wide you want the added lace to be depending on how big you want your shirt to be. Then trace a triangle on the lace. Using that pattern, cut another triangle on the eyelet fabric. If you have one opening, one triangle will be enough.



Using you needle and thread or your machine, stitch the triangles to the shirt. It is as easy as one two three.


Men's shirt - HM and then refashioned
Skirt - tailor made and really old
Shoes - M.G. road 
Ring - gift



Close up on the back details!


I bought these shoes on impulse because I liked the mesh and the color. But the more I look at them, the more I dislike them now. My Mum would appreciate them more, I think.


How do you like it? I styled the shirt with a skirt but I cannot wait to wear it casually with jeans.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes